Truck accidents are some of the most dangerous accidents on the road. If a passenger car gets hit by a tractor trailer, the impact is going to be severe. You could suffer very serious injuries, even death. This is because a car simply can’t withstand the impact of such a large vehicle.
If you do get hit by a truck in Virginia Beach, you need to do a few things:
- Call the police – You never want to leave the scene of an accident without calling the police. The police can get important information you may need later on. The police report will contain details that you just can’t get any other way.
- Seek immediate medical attention – Do not refuse medical treatment. Although in most truck accidents your injuries will be serious, always go to the hospital. Even if you don’t think you’re hurt, you need treatment. You could have injuries that you don’t see.
- Contact a truck accident lawyer in Virginia Beach – At some point, you’re going to need an attorney. Whether your insurance claim is denied or you need to file a lawsuit, you’ll need help. An experienced truck accident lawyer in Virginia Beach can give you the help you need.
Because truck accidents involve unique issues, you don’t want to handle your claim yourself. You’ll have to pursue a claim against multiple parties. And, these parties will have teams of lawyers working for them. You need to have someone by your side as well.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer in Virginia Beach Will Decide Who to Pursue
If you’re hit by a commercial vehicle, there could be several people responsible for your injuries. Sure, the person driving the truck is an obvious party. But what about the company that services the truck? What about the driver’s employer?
Your truck accident lawyer in Virginia Beach knows exactly what parties you need to pursue. Some of these parties include:
- Driver’s insurance company
- Company he drives for
- The company who services and maintains the trucks
- The company whose load he’s carrying
- A local bar who served the driver if he’s drunk at the time of the accident
Some of all of these people could be responsible for your injuries. Your truck accident lawyer in Virginia Beach will make sure he covers all your bases. You have to name all the parties in your initial claim. You don’t want to find out later on that you missed someone.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer in Virginia Beach Will Get You the Compensation You Deserve
Most truck accidents involve very serious injuries. You could be in the hospital for quite some time. You may need surgery and physical therapy. Odds are, you’ll be out of work for weeks or even months. You may even end up permanently disabled.
Your lawyer will make sure he demands that you be compensated for all of these things. Your truck accident claim will demand that following:
- Medical Bills – You are entitled to be reimbursed for all current and future medical bills. If you are going to need long-term treatment, the defendant needs to be held accountable for these bills.
- Lost Wages – If you’re out of work for more than a week, the defendant will have to compensate you for lost wages. Your lawyer will submit time sheets and tax records to prove how much you’ve lost.
- Property Damage – Your car probably won’t survive the accident. You’re entitled to the money it costs to replace or repair your vehicle.
- Pain and Suffering – Because of the seriousness of your injuries, you’ll probably be entitled to pain and suffering. This is the money you receive to cover your mental and emotional anguish.
Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer in Virginia Beach Today
If you or a loved one have been injured in a truck accident, you need a lawyer. Contact a truck accident lawyer in Virginia Beach right away. You’ll be recovering from your injuries for some time. Let your lawyer handle the legal side of things for you.
Because there are so many parties involved, it could take months or even years to settle your case. Your lawyer will do everything he can to secure a fair settlement for you as quickly as possible. Just keep in mind, you don’t want to jump at the first settlement they offer. You’re entitled to compensation and your lawyer wants to make sure you get it!
The insurance company and other defendants will have lawyers working for them, you should have legal representation as well. Call and schedule your free consultation today. You can ask your lawyer any questions you may have. He can also give you an idea of what your case may be worth.
The consultation is free and you pay nothing until you settle your case.
Let's get started with your free consultation!