According to the latest DMV report, 843 people lost their lives in car accidents throughout Virginia. The number of fatalities increased by 10.8% compared to 2016. The rising trend has been obvious in Virginia Beach as well. Fatalities occurring due to another party’s negligence are known as wrongful death cases.
They are subject to compensation and often entrusted to wrongful death attorneys. It is true that nothing and no one can bring back the dead. However, their surviving relatives should receive some compensation for their losses. A Virginia Beach wrongful death lawyer can make sure they actually receive it.
At Commonwealth Accident Injury Law (CAIL), we know how painful losing a loved one can be. We do everything in our power to ease our clients’ suffering and get them rightful compensations. Many clients come to us not knowing they have the right to compensation or how to obtain it. We answer all their questions and help them out in any way we can.
Who Can Hire a Virginia Beach Wrongful Death Lawyer?
Virginia Code section 8.01-53 lists the following surviving relatives as statutory beneficiaries:
- Other dependent relatives
If you are not sure you have the right to claim compensation for the loss of a loved one, we can help. We will review your case and let you know where you stand. Depending on your case circumstances, we may be able to claim compensation for several types of losses.
Damages Virginia Beach Wrongful Death Attorneys May Recover for Their Clients
Virginia Code section 8.01-52 allows compensation for:
- Psychological pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship, comfort, advice, and any other benefits provided by the deceased
- Earnings and benefits the deceased lost and will never make
- Any expenses and financial losses the accident and the wrongful death caused
- Punitive damages, if the accident was the result of gross negligence or intentional wrongdoing.
It is easy to see that wrongful death claims can reach huge amounts. This is especially true when the deceased:
- Undergoes weeks or months of expensive treatments and agony before passing away
- Has minor children they will never get to see grow, protect, and spend time with
- Used to run important businesses that registered record losses after the accident
- Was young, successful, and had a well-paid job and a promising future
- Had several dependents whose lives will be greatly affected by the demise
Of course, the claimant has to document and evaluate all their losses. This is challenging even for a stranger. For a grieving relative, it is downright torment. The best strategy is to entrust the case to one of the best wrongful death attorneys in Virginia.
Contact a Virginia Beach Wrongful Death Lawyer Now!
Did you recently lose someone close due to someone else’s negligence? We are sorry for your loss, and we will do everything in our power to help out. Give us a chance by calling 1-800-HURT-123and scheduling a consultation. Our wrongful death lawyer in Virginia Beach will review your case, guide your steps, and protect your interests!