Some of the most dangerous accidents on the road are motorcycle accidents. This is because a motorcycle driver doesn’t stand a chance against a 2-ton motor vehicle. Especially considering that the only thing that stands between you and the road is a helmet. The results can be disastrous. The injuries are usually quite severe.
If you or a family member are involved in a motorcycle accident in Virginia, your injuries may be quite severe. You may spend months or even years recovering from your injuries. You’ll probably miss a lot of time from work. You may end up permanently disabled.
It’s important that you have an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in Richmond, Virginia handle your case. The medical bills are going to pile up. Before long, you may be in a hole that you can’t climb out of. It’s important that you have someone with your best interests at heart going to bat for you.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Know the Statistics
The number of people hurt in motorcycle accidents every year may be higher than you think. And, because these accidents are so dangerous, there is an alarming number of fatalities.
Some important statistics to keep in mind are:
- On average, 13 out of every 100,000 cars will be involved in a car crash this year
- The number for motorcycles is 72 out of every 100,000
- The fatality rate for motorcycle accidents is 35 times higher than that of a passenger vehicle
- Motorcycle crashes account for 14% of all accident fatalities in the U.S.
- Almost 5,000 people died in motorcycle crashes in 2015
Motorcycle accident lawyers are aware of these statistics. They know just how dangerous these accidents can be. They handle cases every year involving motorcycle crashes. Aside from warning you to be careful on the road, there are not many lawyers can do to prevent these accidents. However, there are things they can do once they happen.
What Damages Will a Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyer Demand?
If you’re hurt in a motorcycle accident, your lawyer will demand that you be compensated.
Some of the things he will demand include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Out of pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
With motorcycle accidents, the medical bills can be quite high. And, because you may miss a lot of work, the lost wages may be quite high as well. Given the types of injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents, you may be entitled to a great deal of pain and suffering.
Some of the most common injuries from motorcycle accidents include:
Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Because the only thing protecting your skull is a plastic helmet, you may suffer a traumatic brain injury. This can cause long-term or lifelong medical issues. You may end up with memory loss or vision impairment. You may never be able to work or drive again.
- These are very common in motorcycle accidents. When you get into a crash, there’s a good chance you’ll be ejected off the bike. This can cause you to crash onto the road, causing serious neck injuries.
- It goes without saying that motorcycle accidents can cause back injuries. There is absolutely nothing bracing your back from the impact. You could be crushed into another car, the road or a tree.
- These can be very dangerous, no matter what type of accident you’re in. They are hard to detect. It’s important that you always seek medical treatment immediately following a motorcycle accident. They need to perform the necessary tests to determine if you’ve suffered any internal injuries.
All of these things will cause you to suffer medical bills. You deserve to be compensated for this. You also deserve to be paid for any time missed from work as a result of your injuries. If you end up permanently disabled as a result of your injuries, the insurance company should compensate you for this.
Contact a Motorcycle Personal Injury Lawyer in Richmond Today
If you or a loved one have been hurt in a motorcycle accident, you need to contact a motorcycle personal injury lawyer in Richmond right away. You’re going to have to focus on recovering from your injuries. Let your lawyer handle the legal side of things.
Call and schedule your initial consultation today. It is absolutely free and it gives you a chance to have a skilled accident lawyer to review your case. The insurance company will have lawyers working for them and you should too!
Let's get started with your free consultation!