A lot of people are afraid to share the road with tractor trailers. These huge trucks have a bad reputation when it comes to accidents and safety. And, there’s a good reason for this. No matter how careful truck drivers are, it is a fact that truck accidents are some of the most dangerous accidents there are.
One of the reasons for this is that they’re just so much bigger than a car. No car stands a chance against a large semi-truck. When you take their size into account with the fast rates of speeds, the results can be devastating.
Statistics show that truck accidents are much more deadly than other types of accidents. Truck accidents result in more fatalities than car accidents. And more than 90% of the time, it’s the car driver who is killed – not the truck driver. This is because the truck driver has so much more to protect him.
If you or a family member have been involved in a truck accident, you need to contact a truck accident lawyer in Virginia Beach.
Truck Accident Attorneys Know the Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Tractor trailers are on the road all the time. They drive coast to coast on highways and major roads. It doesn’t matter what time of day it is, chances are, you’ll be sharing the road with a truck.
Trucks tend to cause more than their fair share of accidents. Some of the common causes of truck accidents are:
- Driver fatigue – A lot of commercial truck drivers put in a lot of hours. There are actually rules outlining how long a driver can work without a break. This is because driving a large truck when you’re overtired is very dangerous.
- Speeding – When a semi-truck speeds down the road, it can lose control quickly. It also will create a terrible impact if it does collide with a passenger vehicle.
- Distracted driving – truck drivers are human. Just like car drivers, they tend to do things they shouldn’t while behind the wheel. Distracted driving is a common cause of truck accidents.
- Drinking and driving – Many truck accidents involve drivers who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Equipment failure – If a truck isn’t properly maintained, it can experience dangerous technical problems. It’s important that truck drivers get their trucks serviced properly to avoid unnecessary accidents.
If any of these are the reasons for your truck accident, you will be entitled to compensation. Your truck accident attorney will work hard to get you the money you deserve.
Your Virginia Truck Accident Lawyer Will Get you the Damages You Deserve
If you have to file suit for your truck accident injuries, you’re going to want an experienced Virginia truck accident lawyer. Your lawyer will review your case and let you know what it may be worth. He’ll review the evidence and put together the proof he needs to get you paid.
You’ll be entitled to the following types of damages in your truck accident case:
- Medical Bills – You’ll be allowed to recover both current and future medical bills for your injuries. Your lawyer will have an expert testify as to the future treatment you’ll need.
- Lost wages –If you miss work or become permanently disabled, you’ll be entitled to lost wages. In order to prove this, your lawyer will submit time sheets and tax records.
- Property Damages – Your attorney will demand that you be reimbursed for any damage to your car.
- Pain and Suffering – Depending on how bad your injuries are, you may be entitled to pain and suffering. This type of damages represents the physical pain you went through. It also covers things like depression and anxiety caused by the accident.
Your car accident lawyer will work hard to get you the money you deserve.
Contact A Semi-Truck Accident Attorney in Virginia Beach
If you’ve been hurt in a truck accident, you need to contact a semi-truck accident attorney in Virginia Beach today. You don’t want to handle this yourself. You’ve probably suffered some pretty serious injuries. You need to focus on your recovery. Let an experienced lawyer handle the legal side of things.
If your insurance claim is denied, you’ll need to file a lawsuit. The insurance company will have lawyers working for them. You don’t want to go up against them alone.
Call and schedule your free initial consultation today. You can discuss your case with a compassionate and skilled truck accident lawyer. And remember – you pay nothing until you win your case.
Let's get started with your free consultation!