It’s that time of year. Spring and summer are the perfect time in Virginia Beach to ride your motorcycle. This is the time when more bikes are on the road than at any other time of the year. When the weather gets nice, there’s nothing like riding down the highway on motorcycles.
The problem is, other motorists don’t seem to pay enough attention to motorcycles. Part of this is because it’s harder to see motorcycles. They’re smaller and tend to move faster than other cars. The other reason is that drivers, in general, don’t pay a lot of attention to motorcycle riders.
Most car drivers have a bias toward motorcycle riders. They resent them a bit. Motorcycle riders tend to weave in and out of traffic. They also drive a lot faster than maybe they should. But this doesn’t give other drivers a reason to crash into them. Sometimes it really does come down to being stubborn.
When it gets nice out, most law enforcement agencies put out public service announcements reminding people to look out for motorcycle riders. A lot of people take heed. Some people, however, have such a grudge against bikers that they just don’t drive carefully enough.
Motorcycle accident attorneys in Virginia Beach handle these types of cases every year. They understand that these accidents are some of the most dangerous types of all.
Why are Motorcycle Accidents So Dangerous?
When you think about it, the only thing that stands between a motorcycle and the road is a plastic helmet. When a car crashes into a bike, the rider may be ejected from the bike. The types of injuries suffered by motorcyclists tend to be very serious.
The other problem is that when the human body is hit by a two-ton vehicle, it doesn’t stand a chance. Victims in a motorcycle accident are some of the most likely to die from their injuries. Whether they’re hit by a car or a truck, they will end up in the hospital for quite some time.
Motorcycle accident lawyers in Virginia Beach are used to handling these cases. They understand that the damages involved may be quite high.
Some of these damages include
- Medical Bills – You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, both current and future. Depending on your injuries, you may need long-term medical care. Your car accident attorney in Virginia Beach will have experts testify as to the care you’ll need going forward.
- Lost Wages – If you end up in the hospital, you’re going to miss a lot of time from work. You’re entitled to compensation for these lost wages. Your attorney can submit proof of your lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering – These damages are intended to compensate plaintiffs for their emotional and physical anguish. The worse your injuries, the more pain, and suffering you’ll deserve.
- Property Damage – Your bike will likely be damaged or even destroyed in the crash. The defendant should have to compensate you for any repairs or replacement costs.
- Permanent Disability – If you can’t return to work because of your injuries, you’ll end up on disability. The amount you’ll receive on disability will be much less than you earned while working. You may be entitled to these lost future earnings.
Your Virginia Beach motorcycle accident lawyer will make sure you are compensated for these losses. They’ll work hard to make sure the defendant is held liable. The goal is to negotiate a settlement that fairly compensates you for your injuries. If your attorney isn’t able to do this, they’ll file a personal injury lawsuit for you.
Contact a Motorcycles Accident Lawyer in Virginia Beach Today
If you or your loved one are injured in a motorcycle accident, you need to contact a motorcycle accident lawyer in Virginia Beach right away. You don’t want to try to handle your case yourself. There is just too much at stake.
Your lawyer will work hard to prove the defendant was at fault. They’ll also try to get the insurance company to pay your claim. If this isn’t possible, they’ll file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Call today and schedule your free initial consultation. You can sit down with an experienced attorney who can answer any questions you may have. They can also review your case and let you know what it may be worth.
The consultation is absolutely free and you pay nothing until your case settles. The defendant will have lawyers working for them and you should too.
Let's get started with your free consultation!