If you’re like the rest of us, you go to a lot of holiday parties this time of year. When we go to these events, we tend to enjoy a few cocktails. Sometimes, these parties happen during the day. It could be a work party or event at your local church. The last thing you think is that your day could end in a drunk driving accident.
Unfortunately, there are more drunk driving accidents this time of year than any other time. There are a lot more people on the road. And, more of these people have been drinking than usual. This means the chances of you getting injured in a drunk driving crash are higher during the holidays.
The last thing you want to do is get hurt or killed in a drunk driving accident. But even a minor accident can cause enough damage to ruin your holiday. If something like this happens to you, then you need to call and talk to a car accident lawyer in Virginia Beach, VA. They can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. This way, you can focus on getting better and trying to enjoy your holiday.
There are a Lot of Types of Drunk Driving Accidents in December
Not all drunk driving accidents end in a fiery crash. Some people that cause drunk driving accidents aren’t all that inebriated. They may have had a few beers or a glass of champagne. But this little bit of alcohol can be enough to affect their ability to drive safely. Some of the more common types of drunk driving accidents in Virginia Beach include:
- Speeding – Drunk drivers don’t appreciate the fact that they’re driving too fast. They end up doing well above the speed limit without realizing it. Or, they’re trying to get home faster than normal to avoid getting pulled over by the cops.
- Falling Asleep at the Wheel – Drivers who are very drunk can actually fall asleep at the wheel. If this happens, the driver will lose control of their car and crash into an innocent victim.
- Reckless Driving – Drunk drivers take risks when they’re intoxicated that they normally wouldn’t take.
- Wrong-Way Collisions – When people are intoxicated, they often cross over into oncoming traffic. They could even pass out and lose control of their car.
- Head-On Collisions – When someone’s drunk and out of sorts, they tend to weave in and out of their lane. If they drive into the wrong lane, they could crash into you head on.
If you’re involved in any type of drunk driving collision, you’re going to suffer some injuries. This is why you need to contact an experienced car accident lawyer in Virginia.
What Kind of Damages Will Your Virginia Beach Accident Lawyer Demand?
If you get injured in a drunk driving accident this December, your attorney is going to demand compensation. The person who caused your crash should be held liable. Why should you be left holding the bag when you didn’t do anything wrong?
Some of the damages your attorney may demand include the following:
- Medical Bills: Give your lawyer a copy of all your medical bills. They will tally them up and include them in your claim for damages.
- Lost Wages: You want to be off during the holidays but not because you were hurt in an accident. If you missed a couple of weeks, you can claim these as damages. Just submit proof of your timesheets and any other documentation showing how much time you are entitled to.
- Property Damage: Your car may have been damaged in the crash. In fact, it probably was. You can submit copies of your mechanics bills to show how much you have paid.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Virginia Beach Right Away
The last thing you want to deal with this holiday is an accident claim. You have enough to deal with already, especially if you were hurt in your crash. Call and talk to an experienced car accident lawyer at CAIL. Our legal team has been dealing with these types of cases for decades. They know what evidence is needed to prove your damages. They also know how to deal with the insurance adjusters in Virginia.
You need to focus on your recovery. Let your injury lawyer in Virginia Beach help so you can have that peace of mind you deserve.
Let's get started with your free consultation!