There were close to 5,487 car accidents in Richmond, VA, in 2017. They led to 21 deaths and over 2,649 injuries. Anyone can get into a collision and end up needing the help of a Richmond car accident attorney. Any road is dangerous when you drive fast, drink and drive, or do not pay attention to the road.
However, some roads are more dangerous than others. Some are very crowded. Others have numerous areas with low visibility. Some streets host numerous bars and restaurants from where drivers and pedestrians walk out drunk. There are also roads with dangerous curves.
It is true that the accidents occurring on these roads have different causes. Some are due to excess speed while others involve distracted driving. In some cases, drivers fail to yield right of way. In others, they neglect to maintain a safe distance from the car in front of them.
However, it is safe to say that on some roads in Richmond, drivers should pay special attention. If they do not, they risk needing a car accident lawyer.
5 Roads That Send New Cases Regularly to Car Accident Lawyers in Richmond, VA
Crossing Richmond from South to North, it is most dangerous on the 3 miles where it joins I-64. The heavy traffic and numerous hotels in the area make accidents a reality waiting to happen.
2. Belvidere Street
It sees quite a few accidents every year. Most of them occur at the intersections with Broad Street and Leigh Street. The intersection with Belvidere Street is often in the spotlight as well.
3. Broad Street
Besides the intersection with Belvidere Street, its Terminal Place area is extremely dangerous. Many accidents have occurred here throughout the years.
4. Broad Rock Boulevard
Its most dangerous portions are the intersections with Belvidere Street and Warwick Road. Drivers should be careful in the Jervie Drive area as well.
5. Forest Hill Avenue
The intersection with Chippenham Parkway seems to be cursed. It is the source of many cases for experienced car accident lawyers in Richmond, VA.
Other roads on which drivers and passengers end up needing a Richmond car accident attorney are:
- Bainbridge Street
- Hermitage Road
- Laburnum Avenue
- 6th Street
- 18th Street
- Main Street
- Commerce Road
- Franklin Street
- Hull Street
Drivers getting into an accident on any of these roads should stop safely and contact the authorities. Given the high risk of accidents, it is important to avoid impeding traffic and causing further events. The police should arrive at the scene soon and take care of that. An experienced Richmond car accident attorney would also advise their clients to:
- Remain at the scene and request medical assistance for themselves or anyone else injured. It is important to diagnose and treat accident injuries as soon as possible.
- Provide their contact, driving, and insurance information to the other parties involved in the accident. Obtain and write down the same data for themselves.
- Take notes and photos of how the accident occurred and everything they see at the scene. If they want to recover their losses, they will need to prove how the accident occurred.
- Refrain from apologizing, admitting fault, getting into arguments, or signing waivers or settlements. Many car accident lawyers in Richmond have found themselves unable to help clients. The latter had signed right waivers or unfavorable settlements at the accident scene.
- Start preparing the compensation claim as soon as possible. The Virginia statute of limitations allows two years for filing a civil injury lawsuit. However, such actions take preparation. Moreover, with time, evidence becomes difficult to find. Also, witnesses may change address and phone number, or they may forget details.
Contact a Richmond Car Accident Attorney Now!
Did you incur injuries or property damage on any of the above-mentioned roads? If you did not cause the accident, you are entitled to compensation. We can help you obtain it. All you have to do is call our office and schedule a consultation. You can do so online, using the contact form, or by phone, at 1-800-HURT-123.
Our Richmond car accident attorney will review your case for free. They will tell you exactly what your rights are and how to protect them. They will answer your questions and help you make the best decisions for your case. If you agree, they will take over all formalities and get you the compensation you deserve.